Pneumatic Vacuum Conveyor QVC series: Cleaning & Trouble Shooting
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Failed feeding or short feeding capacity occurs on the feeder check the feeder as per the following procedure:
- If the pressure of the supplied air reaches 0.5—0.6Mpa. The pressure of the supplied air refers to the air pressure in the system when the vacuum generator works.
- If the discharge is airtight.
- After long-term operation a certain thick powder is deposited on the discharge, resulting lax discharge and vacuum leakage. Then discharge should be cleaned.
- After long-term operation the gasket on the discharge is worn away, resulting lax discharge and vacuum leakage. Then the gasket should be replaced.
- After long-term operation something goes wrong with the effectiveness and stroke of the pneumatic cylinder. Then the cylinder should be replaced.
- The filter is blocked. Blow the filter with a compressed air nozzle in both forward and backward directions. If the filter is expedite it is unblocked. If you feel a suffocated filter, the filter is blocked and should be replaced. Or put the blocked filter into ultrasonic cleaner for 30 minutes for cleaning.
- The material suction hose is blocked by big agglomerate material. This usually occurs at the inlet of stainless steel material suction nozzle or at the inlet of vacuum hopper.
- The clamping rings is not fastened between pump head and hopper, between hopper sections, resulting system leakage and causing failed feeding or decreased feeding capacity.
- Reverse blowing system goes wrong. Every time feeder discharges material the compressed air in the air tank blows the filter in reverse to ensure that there is a thin powder on the surface of the filter. If the reverse blowing system goes wrong, thicker powder is deposited on the surface of the filter, increased resistance makes feeding impossible on the vacuum feeder. In this case the reverse blowing system should be replaced.
In pharmacies because of different varieties and lot numbers vacuum feeders need to be cleaned out often. We have fully considered this requirement of the users when we design the pneumatic vacuum feeders. For cleanout the user only needs to do the following:
- Loosen agraffes to take off the pneumatic vacuum pump assembly. Pneumatic vacuum pump, air tank and cover are connected as an integrated assembly, which needs not cleaned with water.
- Take off the filter assembly and blow out the powder on the filter pipe with compressed air. Then wash it repeatedly with hot water. After washing blow up the remaining water on the wall of the filter pipe with compressed air. Now the filter pipe should be very expedite after repeated blowing. If you feel the filter suffocated, this means there is still some remaining water in filter pipe wall. And you need go on blow up it with compressed air, then let it cool off or dry it.
- Loosen clamping rings, take off the vacuum hopper and wash out the hopper with water.
Leave your comment
As an expert in the pharmaceutical and pharmaceutical packaging industry, iPharMachine has provided solutions for hundreds of pharmaceutical and health product manufacturers for 17 years. By visiting customers, we get good reviews from our customers.
- English Español Deutsche